Argentine international and Juventus forward Paulo Dybala, his girlfriend and former Italy captain Paolo Maldini have tested positive for coronavirus.
The Argentine midfielder took to social media to confirm the news.
Hello everyone, I wanted to inform you that we have just received the results of the Covid-19 test and both Oriana and I tested positive. Fortunately we are in perfect condition. Thanks for your messages and greetings to allPaulo Dybala, Twitter
Juventus released a statement shortly after Dybala revealed the news.
Paulo Dybala has undergone medical tests that revealed a positive result for Coronavirus-COVID19. He has been in voluntary home isolation since Wednesday 11 March. He will continue to be monitored, following the usual regime. He is well and is asymptomatic.Juventus Statement on Paulo Dybala
Just last week, rumours circulated that Dybala had tested positive for the virus. The 26-year-old took to Twitter to confirm that this was not the case and dubbed the reports as ‘fake news’.
Dybala is the third Juventus player to be diagnosed with COVID-19, after Blaise Matuidi and Daniele Rugani.
AC Milan technical director Maldini and his son Daniel have also tested positive and a club statement said that they are well.
AC Milan confirms that Paolo Maldini, the club’s Technical Director, became aware of contact with a person who subsequently tested positive for Coronavirus and began to display symptoms of the virus himself. He was administered with a swab test yesterday, the result of which was positive. His son Daniel, a forward in AC Milan’s youth team who had previously been training with the First Team, also tested positive.
Paolo and Daniel are both well and have already completed two weeks at home without contact with others. They will now remain in quarantine until clinically recovered, as per the medical protocols outlined by the health authorities.Statement – AC Milan
We wish Paulo Dybala and Paolo Maldini a speedy recovery.
- Coronavirus: Former Real Madrid president Lorenzo Sanz passed Speculation on Cristiano Ronaldo’s next move to Paris
- Coronavirus: Former Real Madrid president Lorenzo Sanz passed away
- Bayern’s Robert Lewandowski gives €1million to fight coronavirus
- Neymar reportedly told PSG – he wants Barcelona transfer this summer
- Coronavirus: Paulo Dybala and Paolo Maldini test positive
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to receive a pay cut of £8.4million from Juventus