Coutinho has fallen down the pecking order at the Catalan club and he joined Bayern Munich on loan at the start of this season.
The German giants have an option to sign the player permanently but they are not keen on paying the asking price.
It will be interesting to see if Chelsea can negotiate a reasonable deal with Barcelona this summer.
Coutinho’s career has gone downhill ever since his departure from Liverpool and a return to the Premier League might just be what he needs right now.
He needs to play regularly and Chelsea could offer him that platform. The Blues are yet to replace Eden Hazard properly and Coutinho could fill that void next season.
The Brazilian is an elite creator and he is a world class dribbler just like Hazard. Coutinho’s long-range prowess would be a bonus for the Blues.
If Frank Lampard can help him rediscover his form, Chelsea could have a star on their hands.
The Premier League is Coutinho’s comfort zone and he will be able to adapt immediately. Furthermore, his style of play suits English football as well.
The move makes a lot of sense for all parties involved and Chelsea must look to get it done. Barcelona will be looking to get him off their hands as well and they should look to cut their losses now.
- Liverpool and Arsenal keen to sign RB Salzburg’s Dominik Szoboszlai
- Chelsea could make a summer move for Phillippe Coutinho
- Newcastle to offer £53m to Real Madrid for Gareth Bale
- Chelsea confident to sign Angel Gomes from United
- Manchester United verge of closing Saul Niguez deal
- Government ‘ok’ for Premier League restart behind closed-doors from June 1
- Giggs: Only four escaped Ferguson’s ‘hairdryer treatment’ at United